Of Kings and Men
“Haldwarves, much like Dwarves, are a short and stocky people. They are, however, as tough and resilient as they Dwarven kin, and equally as likely to share their other traits – good crafting, particularly blacksmithy; the ability to see even in darkness; resistance to poisons and magic.
They are most commonly found in human cities where they act as local blacksmiths and other labourers. They are also commonly found in dock districts and harbours across the land, where they work as loading crews, supply organisers, warehouse managers and other jobs that require Dwarven precision and strength.
Despite their difficulties in adapting and socialising in human society, they are one of the most well-liked of the hal-races and non-humans in general, mostly due to their simplicity and practicality, as well as their tendency to keep their business to themselves. Their crafts are appreciated and bought in great numbers throughout the Clan Lands and prized by everyone, rich and poor."
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Half-Dwarves are sturdy but also tend to be gruff and be somewhat bizarre in appearance.
- Humanoid (Dwarf).
- Medium size: Half-Dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Half-Dwarves base land speed is 30 feet. Half-Dwarves do not lose speed due to carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Exceptional Craftsmen: Half-Dwarves make great craftsmen. At first level, they get to pick one Craft skill. They gain a +4 racial bonus to skill checks with their chosen Craft.
- Darkvision: Half-Dwarves gain Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Stability: This functions exactly the same as the Dwarf ability of the same name.
- +1 racial bonus on saving throws against poison. Half-Dwarves are resistant to poison, but not as much as full dwarves.
- +1 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects. Half-Dwarves are resistant to magic, but not as much as full dwarves.
- Dwarven Blood: For all effects related to race, a Half-Dwarf is considered a Dwarf. Half-Dwarves, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect dwarves as their dwarf ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by dwarves.
- Automatic Languages: Dwarven and Common. Bonus Languages: Any. Though they tend to learn the languages of their enemies.
- Favored Class: Any.