Of Kings and Men
“Halelves are strange and mysterious beings. They are the spawn of a race that wanders and avoids contact with humans, making them rare as well.
Though most people find Halelves acceptable and almost human-like in their behaviour, some still hold deep grudges against the Elves, who they see as arrogant and withdrawn and consider the Halelves to be little better than charismatic thieves, liars and bandits.
They are most commonly found in Human city slums and trading districts, as well as border towns, though they often function as scouts and rangers in armies due to their natural elven traits that make them superior trackers and forward scouts.
Their elven charisma also makes them natural diplomats and traders, and they often use this to great advantage, making it easier for them to secure lucrative trading contracts and deal with members of other, more unpleasant races and improve their living conditions when they are not good enough."
- Humanoid (Elf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-elf is considered an elf.
Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass half-elf takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.