Of Kings and Men
“Halogres are a rare and dying breed of creature, due mostly to the dwindling numbers of Ogres, found only in backwater villages and distant border villages.
They are mistrusted by most people and considered to be savage and brutish. They are incredibly ugly with great misshapen limbs that in some cases even drag along the ground, slow and most of them are dumber than even the dimmest of humans. They spend most of their lives either as haulers in dockyards and shipyards, or are hired as cheap manual labour in armies and occasionally allowed to go into the field, wild and berserk as they are.
They do, however, possess a low cunning that opens more and more doors for them in the criminal realms and it is quite possible to see a half-ogre be taken in as a bodyguard or servant of some high ranking criminal."
- Strength +6, Constitution +4, Dexterity -2, Intelligence -4, Charisma -4
- Giant: Halogres are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
- Base land speed 30 feet, will not get slowed down by encumbrance (but armor will)
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of halogres lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a halogre is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the halogre is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A halogre is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A halogre can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- low-light vision
- A Halogre gets +2 racial bonus on Intimidate
- A Halogre gets -1 on every charisma based skill except for intimidate
- Weapon and armor proficiency: any 1 simple or martial two-handed weapon of choice and light armor
- A Halogre gets a +1 Natural Armour bonus.
- Languages: Giant, Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarf, Orc, Patayr, Yiir.
- Level Adjustment +2