Of Kings and Men
The Lesser Men
“There is little of note to say about the so-called Lesser Men. They are a frail and simple breed of people from various freeholds that haven’t been beset by war in a very long time or have generally tried to avoid conflict for centuries.
Compared to the average dweller of the Clan Lands, they are weaker and are less able at professions that require strength and tenacity. They are more adept at diplomacy and dealing with tribal people, who they rely on for protection.
They are also remarkably good at various peaceful crafts and are prone to tinkering, much like Dwarves, with various devices to find out how they work.
They are disliked in the Clan Lands, for their weakness also gives them a reputation as cravens and cowards."
- Strength -2, Constitution -4
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: A lesser man is a medium creature, but wields weapons as if he was small, due to being unfit for combat and generally weak.
- A Lesser man’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- A lesser man gets a bonus feat at first level
- A lesser man gets 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- A lesser man gets a +4 racial bonus to Appraise.
- A lesser man gets +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information skills
- A lesser gets -2 racial penalty to Intimidate and Bluff skills
- A lesser man can reroll a diplomacy check with a -2 penalty once, but before knowing the result of the first roll
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass lesser man takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment: -1. A Lesser Man must buy this back by receiving bonus XP at level 3.