Of Kings and Men
“The Nordish have dwelled in the Heiros Mountains since the Gnolls were conquered. Though they still occasionally face the rampant band of the foul creatures, they mostly live in relative peace.
They are fair-skinned and toughened by years of physical labour when compared to the humans who dwell in the Clan Lands. They often have many scars from working in mines or masonry.
They are workers first and foremost and many of them spend their entire lives working in the deep caverns, carving stone and tunnels, extracting metal and turning it into raw materials they later sell to the clans. As such, they travel rarely and take very little interest in the outside world.
They are also used to the cold of the Heiros Mountains and many of them are temporarily employed by Clans as guides in the mountain paths or as auxiliary mountain troops."
- Constitution +2, Wisdom -2
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, nordish have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Nord base land speed is 30 feet.
- A nord gets a bonus feat at first level
- A nord gets 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Gets to choose Craft (Stonework) as a class skill, regardless of class
- +1 to any profession skill a nord knows
- -2 to any knowledge checks regarding civilization that is not Native Nordish.
- A nord gets a +4 bonus on their fortitude saving throw on checks taken for suffering cold climate
- A nord gets a -2 penalty on their fortitude saving throw on checks taken for suffering hot climate
- Automatic Language: Common, Norse. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass nord takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.