Of Kings and Men
“Halorcs are the unfortunate children of humans and Orcs. Most often found following Orcish invasions or the stay of Orcish mercenaries, they are treated with disdain and hatred that almost rivals the deeply held hatred for the true orcs!
They are more accepted amongst Dwarves and Elves, however, and treated as unfortunates rather than brutal slavers and murderers.
They are less clever than humans and their looks are detestable – their eyes are small and uneven, their ears are round with pointed ends, and their skin is highlighted by tones of green, grey and brown. Sometimes, they have tusks that show from the corners of their mouths.
They are used as labourers and they live almost exclusively in slums, in conditions that rival those of the gnolls. Their mercenaries are prized, however, as they make ferocious fighters who are particularly good at night assaults."
- +2 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma.
A half-orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.
- Humanoid (Orc).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Half-orc base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Half-orcs (and orcs) can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and half-orcs can function just fine with no light at all.
- Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.
*Automatic Languages: Common and Orc. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll and Goblin.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass half-orc’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.