Of Kings and Men
“The Tribes are wandering and nomadic peoples that dwell on the edges of the freeholds, often working in defense of these human settlements for payment in cattle, weapons and armour or food.
They are disliked by Clansmen for being simple and lacking the rudimentary understanding of honour. Compared to an average dweller of the Clan Lands, they are stronger and faster, if less clever.
Due to their reliance on warfare as an essential tool for survival, they have very little understanding of the world around them and they don’t commonly divide their labour, instead choosing to all do as they please, so long as it doesn’t harm their tribe.
They are rarely found in Clan Lands, but from time to time they act as bodyguards for nobles or escape their tribes to find a better life in the Clan Lands."
- Strength +2, Dexterity +2, Intelligence -2
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, tribals have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Tribal base land speed is 30 feet. A tribal does not get slowed down by armor or encumberance, even when running
- A tribal gets a bonus feat at first level
- A tribal gets 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Any profession skill a Tribal can have is ALWAYS a cross-class skill, regardless of class
- A tribal gets a -4 racial penalty on the Diplomacy skill
- A tribal gets a -1 racial penalty on any knowledge check they take, except for Knowledge (Nature)
- A tribal gets a +2 racial bonus on Climb, Swim and knowledge (Nature) skills
- Automatic Language: Common, Tribal-Speak. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass tribal takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment: +1